A Beginner’s Guide To Drinking Wine By The Occasion
A guest post by BottlesXO
Image Source: Rebekah Peppler
Every occasion, from celebrating a work function to relaxing with friends over a barbeque, can be made more special by opening a good bottle of wine.
Not only will you impress your guests with cracking open the right kind of wine perfectly suited for the occasion, having them served at the right drinking temperature heightens the enjoyment as well.
If you need wine and need it for any occasion, BottlesXO has all your needs covered. Delivering fine quality European wines in 60 minutes with no delivery charge and no minimum order, our boutique selection of wines make an ideal match for Singapore’s sunny weather as well as whatever’s in your picnic basket, barbeque repertoire or your dinner hosting menu.
BottlesXO offers all the conveniences of real-time, on-demand ordering via your mobile app. On top of that, our next generation GPS tracking and advanced logistics means all you need to do is download the BottlesXO app. It’s simple – just App, Tap & Sip!
Here are some wine recommendations for every occasion.
1. For Picnics In The Park
If you’re thinking of having a nice picnic, we’ve got just the perfect wine selection just for you. These all-rounder wines will pair nicely with whatever is in your picnic basket.
- Ca’ di Alte Prosecco ($32)
- Famille Perrin Cotes du Rhone Reserve Rouge 2013 ($38)
2. For BBQs
Nothing beats a good BBQ with good meats and of course fine wines to accompany your party. The wines recommended below are perfect for standing up to the hot weather as well as the barbequed profile of the food.
- Kies Kurt Angerer Gruner Veltliner 2014 ($42)
- Chateau Montcabrier Bordeaux Superieur 2012 ($39)
3. By The Pool
These chilled, summery bottles of white and rosé wines taste perfect by the poolside. We will also deliver it chilled to you.
- Ca di’ Alte Pinot Grigio 2015 ($29)
- Gris de Tamary Rose 2014 ($35)
4. Entertaining A Dinner Party
Hosting your own dinner party is an elegant yet casual affair with wines that will impress and match any multi-course meals.
- Hecht & Bannier Cotes de Provence Blanc 2014 ($45)
- Chateau Brun Saint-Emilion 2010 ($55)
5. Work Function/Celebration
Celebrating a colleague’s birthday or promotion can be made more exciting with popping open a bottle of bubbly!
- De Venoge Champagne Blanc de Blanc 2004 ($108)
- De Venoge Champagne Rose Champagne Reserve Rose ($98)
*All wines are available on the BottlesXO app.
Download the BottlesXO App for iOS and Android or connect to our mobile web store and ...get ready to enjoy!
- 60-minute wine delivery service
- Wine starting from SGD$29
- No minimum order or delivery fee
Key Highlights of BottlesXO:
- Delivering to mainland Singapore and Sentosa Island
- Bottles arrive at perfect drinking temperature
- Fun-to-use mobile app for iOS and Android
- GPS-based driver tracking & electronic payment methods