Sign up for email updates from Hipvan
With National Day around the corner, take this quiz to find out if you are a true blue Singaporean! (and check out our Red & White collection while you're at it)
1. What is Singapore’s national language?
2. About 35% of Singapore's population are:
- Buddhists and Hindus
- Taoists and Atheists
- Buddhists and Muslims
- Christians and Muslims
3. What does ‘Teh O Kosong’ means?
- Black coffee, no milk
- Tea, no sugar
- Tea, no milk, no sugar
- Tea, no milk, extra thing
4. A lunar year has:
- 335 days
- 354 days
- 365 days
- 366 days
5. A 4-room HDB apartment has typically about:
- 90 sq m in floor area
- 110 sq m in floor area
- 130 sq m in floor area
- 145 sq m in floor area
6. The oldest building at Clarke Quay is:
- The Whampoa Ice
- The River House
- The Central
7. Haw Par Villa was built in:
8. Geylang Serai was so named because in its early days:
- There were many coconut and fishing centres there.
- There were many lemon grass processing factories there.
- There were many poultry farms there.
- There was the presence of bamboos.
9. The Legislature is made up of the Singapore Parliament and the:
- Chief Justice
- Prime Minister
- Members of Parliament
10. The oldest building still standing in Singapore is:
- The old Supreme Court
- The Sultan Mosque
- Sri Mariamman Temple
- The old Parliament House
Passed with flying colours? You are definitely a true blue (or should we say, red and white) Singaporean and you should be proud of that. From all of us at HipVan, we want to wish all Singaporeans a Happy National Day!
Hipvan's top red & white picks for National Day
- DSW Chair in Red by Modern Classics II $39.00
- Mr Pepper & Mrs Salt in Red by Qualy $19.90
- Fouta Traditional in Red by BO-YA creation $30.00
- Elongated Pendant Lamp by Lummig $29.00
- Crochet Round Rug in Coral by Home Fabrics by Hipvan $35.00
- Chevron Rectangle Cushion in Red by Krftd $38.70
- Egg Table in Lacquered White by Oliver Pollmanss $310.00
- Yumseng Bottle Opener by Souvenirs from Singapore $12.90